Board index IndieGameStand Store Groupees Spotlight, a new weekly feature.

Groupees Spotlight, a new weekly feature.

Official thread for the IGS Store

Post December 3rd, 2013, 2:26 pm

"Introducing The Groupees Spotlight, a new weekly feature highlighting our favorite Indies. Grab Arcane Worlds for $1 min, and vote it up on Steams Greenlight!"

(from the Groupees newsletter just now)

This should be interesting, for IGS business-wise especially. Sure, IGS has 2 in just over a week but if Groupees offers a 1 USD while giving 'BTA bonuses' free that could
be fun. Competition is generally good :P

Post December 3rd, 2013, 4:26 pm

Only not for wallets. First everyone started making zillion bundles, now everyone started making 1$ for 1 Game deals. And as always average quality as always will plumber down because purchasers mass is already exhausted.

Post December 3rd, 2013, 5:23 pm

Yea, bad spending esp. as it'll often be Greenlight stuff which may never really be completed :P

Don't mind the saturation to be fair. Let the bottom of the barrel come in sight.
I may be a sadist, but it's time the bubble burst.
The sooner we, the consumers, realize that we're being dished out yet another trash game by yet
another hobbyist who bought Gamemaker or such @ Steam on sale and thinks he can make game, the better.
Right now it's quantity over quality, especially for 'indie devs' and their 'games'. Let the REAL indie devs
be able to step up to the plate again so they can make us a bit happier so we can make them happier again.

Post December 3rd, 2013, 7:54 pm

To be fair here, the game currently featured on IGS hardly looks like a winner. The game description even talks about permadeath and yet at the same time you being an immortal creature. Wait..... what!?

And here I thought Receiver had incredibly low production values.

Post December 4th, 2013, 11:50 am

Shad0WeN wrote:
To be fair here, the game currently featured on IGS hardly looks like a winner. The game description even talks about permadeath and yet at the same time you being an immortal creature. Wait..... what!?

And here I thought Receiver had incredibly low production values.

Not mentioned that currently featured game is not even yet released on Desura. I mean its sooo alpha.
IGS sure featured some great but lesser known games, like my favorite 3079 and 3089, but, on other side, there was some really strange games...

Post December 4th, 2013, 1:49 pm

There's a certain flow to IGS features it seems. But having another puts to heat on
to provide either more quantity or quality offers in general. Both have pros and cons.
Don't see IGS (or another) comes up w say a daily feature though..

Post December 7th, 2013, 2:27 pm

Groupees Shiny Loot :o

Didn't see this one coming..

"Announcing The Shiny Loot Bundle. A $1.50 minimum Build a Bundle campaign.
Game titles include Creeper World, Creeper World 2 - Redemption, Hinterland, Children of the Nile Complete, The Lunar Pack: Lunnye Devitsy and Wake, Kingdom Elemental, The Few, Guy vs The Wicked and Nefarious Land, Little Trus Man. Plus: Bonuses"

Judging from their store I'd suggest they come in these flavours:

key-activation: Creeper World, Creeper World 2 - Redemption, Kingdom Elemental
Steam: Hinterland, Children of the Nile Complete, The Lunar Pack: Lunnye Devitsy and Wake
Desura: The Few, Guy vs The Wicked and Nefarious Land, Little Trus Man

Post December 7th, 2013, 4:37 pm

My recommendation - do not buy any from this bundle.
Hinterland is raw, Children of Nile is old and abandoned
Lunar pack is good, but oh well, niche game and so on.
All these games was available on their Black Freeday sale and none catched my attention.
But its sure funny to see such deal...albeit there was Capsule bundles too and Capsule Computers is games store as well.

Post December 7th, 2013, 5:10 pm

Thus far all the 'publisher specific' bundle have been quite bad @ Groupees IMO, this one happens to feature a
bunch of games that were indeed 1 USD at just about every sale (incl. Black Friday/Cyber Monday) @ Shiny Loot
and elsewhere often too.
It's not a winner, but one for the people who might be interested in 2+ of them anyways. Personally I admit I may
pick up The Few and Guy depending on the bonuses.

Capsule was in at least two I recall; BiaB and Groupees. I consider them mainly a community site though even if
it is decked out in enough ads to put Facebook and Youtube to shame :s

Post December 7th, 2013, 5:34 pm

The Lunar Pack is the shit. Wake and Lunnye Devitsy are both fantastic games.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post December 7th, 2013, 6:18 pm

GnomeSlice wrote:

Ok, i agree on that, these games is good. (but still niche), cannot recommend anything else. But take a look, maybe you see something else wort trying.

Post December 7th, 2013, 6:31 pm

Toyotame wrote:
GnomeSlice wrote:

Ok, i agree on that, these games is good. (but still niche), cannot recommend anything else. But take a look, maybe you see something else wort trying.

I haven't actually played anything else listed above, so I can't really comment on that. The Few looks pretty fun though.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post December 7th, 2013, 8:02 pm

GnomeSlice wrote:
Toyotame wrote:
GnomeSlice wrote:

I haven't actually played anything else listed above, so I can't really comment on that. The Few looks pretty fun though.

This is a good deal for the Few if you missed the Gamesrage bundle which featured The Few, Oddplanet, King Arthur's Gold, and Nightmares from the Deep for 1 dollar, with Cinders for 1st BTA and Magi and Theme Hospital for 2nd BTA
Games I Support For IGS:
    Cinders
    Consortium
    Beat Bros
    Delver's Drop
    Long Live the Queen
    Deo
    Shovel Knight

Post December 8th, 2013, 6:43 am

letsmaybeLP92 wrote:
This is a good deal for the Few if you missed the Gamesrage bundle which featured The Few, Oddplanet, King Arthur's Gold, and Nightmares from the Deep for 1 dollar, with Cinders for 1st BTA and Magi and Theme Hospital for 2nd BTA

Dont forget, that if you missed Oddplanet, you can get it in Humble Weekly right now.

Post December 9th, 2013, 7:50 am

GnomeSlice wrote:

I can't agree enough on Lunnye Devitsy. It's got a great feel, and really nice music. Wake on the other hand, I couldn't get into at all.

Even so, the pair together for $0.75 is a steal.

Post December 9th, 2013, 7:56 am

Couldn't get into either, to be fair. Not meaty enough for me.
Lunnye looked shiny so stuck with it a while though.

Any of the Groupees SL bundle aren't a great deal seperate
as such as any and all have been on sale for 1usd at several
stores and continue to be for the past months, the scaling discount
is what's the cash-saver here..

At least the weekly feature is quite week this week, bring it on IGS! :twisted:

Post December 10th, 2013, 12:57 pm

Groupees spotlight Overcast - Walden and the Werewolf for 1$ + Dead Bits for 1$ more.
Any thoughts?

Would be interested to exchange Dead Bits key for 1$ or something.

Post December 10th, 2013, 6:19 pm

Post December 10th, 2013, 7:47 pm

Why so angry?
BTW, still thinking should i pay something or not...

Post December 11th, 2013, 6:19 am

Toyotame wrote:
Groupees spotlight Overcast - Walden and the Werewolf for 1$ + Dead Bits for 1$ more.
Any thoughts?

Would be interested to exchange Dead Bits key for 1$ or something.

Why would you need to do that? Just buy the $1 tier and skip getting Dead Bits entirely if you don't want it.

Next

Return to Store