Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Epigenesis

Epigenesis

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would you like to see this game on IndieGameStand?

Yes, please!
18%
Undecided.
27%
No, I hate cool games and awards mean nothing to me at all.
55%

Total votes : 11

Post July 23rd, 2013, 5:00 pm

Game: Epigenesis
Developer: Dead Shark Triplepunch
Platforms: Windows
Distribution: Not sure yet, although I do know it's coming to Steam.

"Winner of Make Something Unreal Live 2013! Epigenesis is an online multiplayer arena sports game. In this ballgame of the future, the players leap across the rooftops of skyscrapers trying to get the ball and make scores against their opponents. Each player carries a gravity cannon capable of pushing enemies (and friends) down from the heights of the arena. When a player scores, he gets the opportunity to plant a seed and take over one of the rooftops. A team wins when they manage to capture the opposing team’s base platform in this way."

phpBB [video]
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post January 28th, 2014, 5:30 pm

I just picked this up on DailyRoyale. This game is rad. The menu interface still feels kind of crappy, but everything else feels quite polished. Visuals are great, gameplay is fun, and the sound design is pretty good too. Really interesting take on futuresport.

When you score with the ball, you get to plant a seed at one of the designated platforms. You can choose from a variety of plants, all with unique abilities, like shield generators, turrets that shoot at opponents, or ramps to help you get around. You can also choose a passive bonus for each plant.

So basically, the game field is dynamic, because each team will be playing different plants and bonuses, and also trying to score the ball into their opponent's goal.

The only problem I have with this game so far... is that there's nobody playing it. Make this feature happen!
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post January 29th, 2014, 12:23 am

Looks nice but I'm done with multiplayer only indie games. They almost all end up dead, mostly without ever really getting off the ground in any meaningful way. It just seems like such a waste of programmer and artist talent.

I won't knowingly vote yes for any more of them.

Post January 29th, 2014, 2:03 am

I just played this and enjoyed it quite a bit, however, since they've gone royale it might not be a good fit for awhile (couple months maybe). Bots/AI will also need to be added for the title to be of true value.

Furthermore, as far as I could tell the game is Steam only (that is all royale gave me)? To date, we've only seen Guns of Icarus and Papo & Yo featured that meet that criteria. This game is good, but not good enough to break the mould for it.

So, yes, I'd like to see this featured in a couple month's time. I feel like if you go somewhere before IGS, a cooldown is to be expected.

Return to Game Suggestions