Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Door Kickers

Door Kickers

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would you purchase this game?

Yes
85%
No
15%

Total votes : 13

Post July 23rd, 2013, 2:11 pm

phpBB [video]

Door Kickers
Killhouse Games
$14.99, Windows, Mac, Linux, Steam
http://inthekillhouse.com/doorkickers/

Door Kickers is an innovative realtime strategy game that puts you in charge of a SWAT team and lets you command them during a tactical intervention.

Analyze the situation, plan team routes, choose equipment and breach points and coordinate multiple troopers to reach the hostage room before the bad guys get to press that trigger.

It may sound daunting, and like real world CQB combat, it sure is. But most levels can be completed in minutes and on the fly improvisation works. Achieving the perfect planning, getting the mission done with no false steps, that’s a skill harder to master.
Last edited by Bronxsta on January 12th, 2014, 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post July 23rd, 2013, 2:49 pm

I thought this had been suggested, but couldn't find it anywhere. I would really like it if this were featured.

Post July 23rd, 2013, 4:20 pm

Looks pretty good I guess, but Frozen Synapse is already a thing which exists and is brilliant. Still, guess it could be a nice feature. Watch out for clone haters though.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post July 23rd, 2013, 4:54 pm

GnomeSlice wrote:
Looks pretty good I guess, but Frozen Synapse is already a thing which exists and is brilliant. Still, guess it could be a nice feature. Watch out for clone haters though.

I like FS, but I like this game's realistic tone more. I wouldnt call it a clone; the only similarity is the top down perspective and route/waypoint controls. The controls are much easier but has tons of tactical depth. It's real time but you can pause to precisely set up your plan. You're not fighting faceless AI; you're rescuing hostages and clearing rooma and coordinating simultaneous breaches. Plus the dev is adding features like customization and non lethal tactics
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post July 23rd, 2013, 6:14 pm

I saw this game first on Greenlight and upvoted it, then I saw it a few weeks or so ago when TotalBiscuit did an "Early Look At" on Youtube (you can check it below). I'd say it looks pretty good and despite the similarities to games like Frozen Synapse, like Gnome said, I think Door Kickers is very different, in a good way. I'd love to see it here on IGS.

phpBB [video]

Post July 29th, 2013, 5:11 pm

I'd love to see this here but it's only 8$ which is still a good deal in my opinion.

Post January 12th, 2014, 9:27 pm

I had put Door Kickers aside for a few updates and what a difference that has made

Improved visuals and animations make the tactical action more immersive and intense. Enemies move around the map, on patrols and react to your actions. You can customize your troopers with different weapons and different classes. Silenced weapons allows for new strategies. There's a mission generator so you never run out of missions to play, as well as hand-crafted single missions and new mission types. And there's even more to come, such as squad promotions and a full-fledged campaigns

Frozen Synapse may own the tactical multiplayer space, but I prefer Door Kickers for the grounded and realistic premise, simpler controls, and more subtle tactical approach.

Post January 12th, 2014, 10:30 pm

Bronxsta wrote:
Improved visuals and animations make the tactical action more immersive and intense. Enemies move around the map, on patrols and react to your actions. You can customize your troopers with different weapons and different classes. Silenced weapons allows for new strategies. There's a mission generator so you never run out of missions to play, as well as hand-crafted single missions and new mission types. And there's even more to come, such as squad promotions and a full-fledged campaigns

That screenshot looks sick. Do want.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post January 13th, 2014, 3:09 am

Bronxsta traded this to me in the olden days for Project Zomboid. This game is great and the updates make it even better. It plays a bit like a mobile game (hopefully, it will deviate away from that), but reminds me of old school rainbow six where you could plan all your operatives moves and if you chose, could just watch the AI act out your commands. With this, you do have to be hands on, but plan in advance your movements and commands (like flashbang).

It requires a decent amount of tactics and the baddies are in different places each playthrough, so you can't always know what to do.

Return to Game Suggestions