Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Cubetractor

Cubetractor

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would you like to see this game on IndieGameStand?

Yes, please!
91%
Undecided.
No votes
No, Steam is stupid and I hate cool games.
9%

Total votes : 11

Post July 18th, 2013, 7:29 pm

Game: Cubetractor
Developer: Ludospark

phpBB [video]

I've been on the fence about suggesting this one because it appears to be Steam-only, but I'm going to give in and stick it up here anyway because it just looks so great and original and everything.

So we wanted to try something different and we thought, "how about a Tower Attack instead of a Tower Defense?" And by that we didn't mean a reverse tower defense, where you sent out minions through a gauntlet. Rather, we were thinking more along the lines of -- what about building turrets in order to attack enemy turrets?

That formed the premise for everything else. The next step then, being the sort of players who enjoy the older console games that demanded dexterity and quick reflexes, was to bring in the player's character into the game world and have him run around, dodging enemy fire while trying to build his tower set up.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post July 18th, 2013, 8:07 pm

Yes please!

But i still think Steam is stupid and i hate cool games.
Support Private Infiltrator on Steam Greenlight!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92924211.

I want all of your cameos.

Post July 19th, 2013, 3:24 pm

Downloaded the demo last night and I played it for a couple of hours today. Really fresh game. Haven't played anything else quite like it, and the mechanics make for some pretty interesting gameplay. This game is awesome.

Post August 19th, 2013, 2:43 pm

I just realized Cubetractor is available on Gamersgate and it's listed as DRM Free... so maybe it's not Steam-locked after all! :D

Return to Game Suggestions