Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Rook's Keep

Rook's Keep

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Want to see it on IndieGameStand?

Yes, please!
71%
Undecided
12%
No, sorry.
18%

Total votes : 17

Post June 18th, 2013, 11:14 am

Game: Rook's Keep
Developer: Runestorm
Platforms: Windows
Also vote for it on Steam Greenlight

"Rooks Keep is a PC based, fantasy melee deathmatch/arena game. Best described as "UT with swords", players will battle it out in a selection of game-modes, across a variery of maps. The list of game-modes includes traditional Deathmatch and Team-Deathmatch, Conversion(kill your enemy to get them on your team), Combat and Classic Chess, and more. Players will get control of two factions of six characters each, based on traditional Chess archetypes(Pawn, Knight, etc) and engage in battles using a diversity of offensive and defensive abilities and skills. Pawns will be skewered, mighty Rooks will smash their opponents with massive clubs, and sinister Beasts will tear into their foes with tenacity. Games can be played solo against AI opponents, in LAN or online multiplayer or a combination. Up to 32 players are allowed in all non-Chess modes. Players will fight in detailed, full 3D environments that use the power of the Unreal® Development Kit. Mod support is intended for Rooks Keep."

Last edited by GnomeSlice on June 18th, 2013, 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post June 18th, 2013, 1:32 pm

I would definitely buy this +1 ;)
Games I Support For IGS:
    Cinders
    Consortium
    Beat Bros
    Delver's Drop
    Long Live the Queen
    Deo
    Shovel Knight

Post June 18th, 2013, 2:24 pm

This is my new favourite suggestion of my own on IGS. Closely followed by Cell: Emergence. Upvotes please. I need this game.

Post June 18th, 2013, 2:26 pm

YESSSSSSSSS I WILL BUY !

Post June 18th, 2013, 2:54 pm

I'm Player Review, and I support this suggestion.

Post June 18th, 2013, 3:32 pm

If this game plays as good as it looks, I'M SOLD!

Post June 19th, 2013, 1:30 am

Looks pretty cool. I wonder if the chess mode can be played single player against the computer? Indie multiplayer only games have a hard time keeping active, so a single player chess option would be nice.

In any case, voted yes.

Post June 19th, 2013, 2:21 pm

oogla wrote:
Looks pretty cool. I wonder if the chess mode can be played single player against the computer? Indie multiplayer only games have a hard time keeping active, so a single player chess option would be nice.
In any case, voted yes.

From what I understand there's a computer opponent you can play against. No telling how smart it is, though.

Post June 19th, 2013, 11:57 pm

Looks great!

Post June 24th, 2013, 9:54 am

The developer just posted an article on Desura announcing the completion of the Rook's Keep Demo! Go grab it!

Post June 25th, 2013, 5:51 pm

UPDATE:

This game is awesome. But holy hell is it graphics intensive if you turn everything up.

Post August 9th, 2013, 7:41 pm

The developers released the source code or something a little while ago, so making mods is now pretty easy (as was intended by the devs). Sweet!

Post August 9th, 2013, 8:52 pm

UT with swords? Sounds like prime LAN material. Too bad I don't really get a chance to LAN anymore...

Post June 19th, 2014, 2:46 pm

Still not convinced?

How about 100 SCREENSHOTS!

Yeah, I did that.

Post June 19th, 2014, 8:46 pm

HELL YES :!:

Return to Game Suggestions