Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Kenshi

Kenshi

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Want it on IndieGame Stand

Yes
89%
Wouldn't buy it
6%
No
6%

Total votes : 18

Post November 15th, 2012, 12:04 am

Website:http://www.lofigames.com/, or at indiedb http://www.indiedb.com/games/kenshi
Platforms:Desura, Windows

A free-roaming squad based RPG. Focusing on open-ended gameplay features rather than a linear story. Be a trader, a thief, a rebel, a mercenary, a business owner, a doctor, a bandit... the list goes on.
Last edited by PlayerReview on November 15th, 2012, 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post November 15th, 2012, 12:14 am

It has already been Greenlit on Steam, however the dev still needs support as he claims it may take another 2 years to complete it.

I have watched this for a couple months now... I really think I'd be into it. The dev is trying to shore up continued funding as he completes the game (regular updates via Desura). BTW, there is a demo at Desura if you want to try it out desura://install/games/kenshi/1214. It currently has a 9.5 rating on Desura with nearly 500 votes. I think that is overrated, but if you invest the time i imagine it is worth it. Also, a great concept.

I played the demo and it is functional (had no crashes), but one thing that is hard to live without is no audio added in game yet :(

Post November 15th, 2012, 7:17 am

Again I have this one. Its got a lot of potential. I could fully believe it will take 2 years to finish. There is a lot in this game, but the UI makes it very hard to use, its functional but thats it. Its another game like starfarer that are being handled by 1 guy, who has to sell the game to make the game and there is all the extra work on selling it and everything. Everybody should try the demo out, and its only $10 if you want to punt on the full thing, thats not even 2 takeaways!

Post November 18th, 2012, 1:12 am

Seems like a cool game, I wouldn't mind seeing it on here.

Post January 4th, 2013, 5:41 pm

I have a suggestion for the creator of Kenshi. Come the time (more IF it happens...) when multiplayer seems like an option, 1 giant map would lag out too much. You probably will have already thought of this, but have ''servers.'' 5 - 20 seperate ''worlds'' (people from different servers have no way of contacting eachother in-game) with servers with would be 24/7 and saving every x amount of time. This would mean people can build multiplayer or have clan wars, etc. :ugeek: It would make a lot of people happier, being able to play with or against friends or strangers!

Edit: Full support from me, 100%. Can't wait to see more updates arrive!

PS: Get some help! I love to hear about someone trying to build a game with such a GREAT concept, but it's like one part of politics. If a small party says a great idea, it'd never happen because the big parties can't be seen stealing concepts from small parties.

Post January 6th, 2013, 5:01 am

I`d gladly buy it here should it visit IndieGameStand.

Post April 6th, 2013, 4:29 pm

I am giving 10 $ the moment this game lands here. It deserves both the cash, and the exposure it can get thanks to this site :D

Post April 17th, 2013, 10:30 am

So I tried it out again. It has come a huge distance since I last played it. You can now build towns and research upgrades for your town. It well done, and works nicely. The UI does still need a work over imo but the game is quite playable now, and its great fun.

Post January 31st, 2014, 12:45 pm

Bumping this to let you guys know the game is now on IGS store with alpha version on Steam. ;)
Games I Support For IGS:
    Cinders
    Beat Bros
    Delver's Drop
    Long Live the Queen
    The Floor Is Jelly
    Deo
    Shovel Knight

Return to Game Suggestions