Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Skydrift

Skydrift

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would you like to see this game on IndieGameStand?

Yes, please!
47%
Undecided.
27%
No, Sorry.
27%

Total votes : 15

Post April 8th, 2013, 2:16 pm

Game: Skydrift
Developer: Digital Reality
Platforms: Windows (Steam), Xbox 360, PS3

Let me just start by saying that Skydrift is one of my favourite games. Seriously, it's a lot of fun. In fact, check out this video of me playing it.

Description:
"SkyDrift is an action-heavy arcade game focusing on the ultimate racing and speed experience of flying in a light, quick, fast-paced style. Players will be taken closer than ever before to the world of adrenaline pumping sky-racing. Everybody can test and master their flying and combat skills against deadly opponents.

Admire the amazingly detailed dynamic terrains and incredible vistas, from a desert canyon to a tropical island to arctic glaciers based on the most spectacular and exotic locations all over the planet. The breathtaking landscape includes monumental rocks, volcanic lava flows, scenic rivers and ice fields that provide a memorable experience in incredible graphics rarely seen in digital-only titles.

-Unlock all 8 modern, state-of-the-art aircrafts tuned to the max. Personalize them with over 30 unique racing skins from military camouflage war paint for hiding, to the most shiny and colorful ones for domination.
-Practice by racing in the different Single-player modes like Survival or SpeedRace. Be the first on the leaderboard of the multiplayer challenges.
-Compete online against up to 8 other players, where possibilities are limited only by your own imagination. Have endless fun racing and flying in a light, exhilarating, fast-paced style

And remember: If you can’t overtake, shoot them down!"

Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post April 8th, 2013, 2:27 pm

Doesn't this require Steam DRM?

Post April 8th, 2013, 2:37 pm

PlayerReview wrote:

For the PC, yes, I think so. But we've had games that require Steam before. Also, perhaps IGS could begin to consider distributing codes for the Xbox Live/PSN stores; that would be amazing!

Post April 8th, 2013, 3:29 pm

GnomeSlice wrote:
PlayerReview wrote:

For the PC, yes, I think so. But we've had games that require Steam before. Also, perhaps IGS could begin to consider distributing codes for the Xbox Live/PSN stores; that would be amazing!

No we haven't. Also IGS stuff sain that they will not feature steam-locked games, so whole this studio portfolio is one big NO

Post April 18th, 2013, 9:44 pm

Toyotame wrote:
GnomeSlice wrote:
PlayerReview wrote:

No we haven't. Also IGS stuff sain that they will not feature steam-locked games, so whole this studio portfolio is one big NO

We have now. =]

Post April 19th, 2013, 2:06 am

Voted yes, however I bought it a while ago from the gala store for a dollar. I wish they did a better job at optimizing it though, the game basically runs at 30 FPS (shows up as 60 FPS in an FPS counter such as FRAPS, but it's fake). No racing game should ever run at 30 FPS!

Post April 19th, 2013, 7:19 am

GnomeSlice wrote:
We have now. =]

We dont care anymore. IGS can collect any games its want starting from current deal, even Origin keys. Since they dont have bottom line anymore anything will do.

Post April 19th, 2013, 1:33 pm

Toyotame wrote:
GnomeSlice wrote:
We have now. =]

We dont care anymore. IGS can collect any games its want starting from current deal, even Origin keys. Since they dont have bottom line anymore anything will do.

Excellent. In that case, Skydrift is a super fantastic game, and would do really well here I think. That said, it's a little more mainstream than most of the other titles that have been featured here, and probably doesn't need the popularity boost quite as much.

One of my favourite games ever, though.

Post April 19th, 2013, 10:01 pm

When I play this game it looks just like your video... just with lots more smacking into walls, crashing and curse words. Fun game though. :D

Post September 27th, 2013, 10:46 am

Guys. You should all get this in the current Humble Weekly Sale. It would make for an amazing game night too.

Return to Game Suggestions