Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions NEO Scavenger

NEO Scavenger

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Post November 10th, 2012, 10:07 am

Game: NEO Scavenger
Platforms: PC, Desura, Direct download
Developer: Blue Bottle Games

The following description explains why I am very interested in this game. Hopefully we might see it here someday. ;)

"How long can you survive the post-apocalyptic wastelands of NEO Scavenger? In the near-future, supernatural activity and human warfare have fragmented mankind into pockets of civilization struggling to survive in wild and dangerous lands. You awaken alone in an abandoned facility with no food nor water, and only a hospital gown and some mysterious items as clues to your identity."
- From the NEO Scavenger website

Post November 10th, 2012, 10:25 am

+1 Yes. I already got it from the BeMine5 Groupees Bundle but damn this game is great and the features that are planned and that are avaiable on the website to vote for in order for the developer to know what people want to be implemented first is just great. You can check the featured voting section here http://bluebottlegames.com/main/node/16. For those that aren't familiar with the game you can play the demo in your browser right here http://bluebottlegames.com/main/node/21.

Post November 10th, 2012, 12:44 pm

Yes. I somehow managed to miss this one and do want it. Looks really good.

Post November 10th, 2012, 5:29 pm

Its good fun, but very hard. They really need to work on bigger resolutions and better fonts because it can be hard to read at times.

Post November 10th, 2012, 5:32 pm

I have to agree with Kiril. I found the battles to be very hard to win or escape by them being only based on in-game text.

Post February 10th, 2013, 11:47 pm

This is a fantastic game, but brutally difficult. Prepare to die a bunch of times for seemingly no reason.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post March 16th, 2013, 12:51 pm

Bumping this because the development builds of it keep getting better and better. The sheer work the developer is putting into updating and balancing the game makes me think this game is going to be more than epic when it's 100%. I've wasted quite a bit of time on it since I got it in BeMine5, and it honestly just keeps getting better with all the tweaks and improvements. I hope he'd be receptive to being showcased here on IGS.. Amazing project that deserves some attention.
Know all of your enemies
We know who all of our enemies are
steam : twitch : desura
Way to plant, Ann!

Post June 13th, 2013, 11:46 am

Guys, this game is the shit. More attention please.

Post June 13th, 2013, 1:03 pm

Zorder wrote:
+1 Yes. I already got it from the BeMine5 Groupees Bundle but damn this game is great and the features that are planned and that are avaiable on the website to vote for in order for the developer to know what people want to be implemented first is just great. You can check the featured voting section here http://bluebottlegames.com/main/node/16. For those that aren't familiar with the game you can play the demo in your browser right here http://bluebottlegames.com/main/node/21.

holy crap, thanks for the tip on feature voting! I also have it from the groupees bundle, waiting impatiently for it to be greenlit but seeing the voted features I might cave in and just play it soon.

Post June 13th, 2013, 1:04 pm

This looks fun and interesting... Also seems to be very deep.
I'm not afraid of a little difficulty and learning curve myself :)

Post June 13th, 2013, 9:26 pm

AlwaysGeeky wrote:
I'm not afraid of a little difficulty and learning curve myself :)

I think you'll find that it's a bit more than 'a little' but this game definitely shouldn't be missed. Extremely deep gameplay and a nice setting.

Post August 9th, 2013, 11:52 am

Bumping for great justice!

Post August 9th, 2013, 12:55 pm

Saw this game mentioned in the SoTS-The Pit thread
Never heard of it, I'm a big roguelike fan, so I had to do some research
Now this article sold me. A year old, so the game could be even bigger now
http://www.diygamer.com/2012/07/school- ... seriously/

Aspects like this are what make the game sound so appealing to me.
In Neo Scavenger, you’re a (largely) regular human being – frail, fallible and vulnerable to death from a thousand different sources. You need food, water and sleep to function, and the forests – while occasionally bountiful – are often inhabited by horrible mutant monsters.

And this:
Not many RPGs can offer the option to try and grab an attackers leg and pull him to the ground with you if you’ve already been knocked flat. Combat won’t be decided by Hit Points, but rather blood-loss, shock and other, more realistic incapacitating factors.

Or this:
Get slashed with a knife and you’re going to be left bleeding with a potentially infected wound, so you need to properly treat the injury. Sterilize rags to use as bandages, take antibiotics to fight infection, painkillers to stop yourself from falling into shock and all that serious medical fun

I really really hope we see this featured on IGS. Has the game improved/expanded over the last year?
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post August 9th, 2013, 1:08 pm

Bronxsta wrote:
I really really hope we see this featured on IGS. Has the game improved/expanded over the last year?

Yeah, the developer has been updating it pretty regularly. See for yourself!

Post August 11th, 2013, 2:44 pm

+1 for this. Looks great!

Post October 17th, 2013, 4:11 pm

This has to be featured! It's so good. I finally got it and I usually hate turn based roguelikes, but this is fantastic. Gritty realistic post apocalypse survival

I was suffering from sever hypothermia and an infection from an untreated cut after diving through a window. I stupidly decided to sleep on an openly visible area without cover, was ambushed by bandits while I slept. Almost made it after one of the bandits tripped. I tried to hide but was discovered. I fought back, took down one enemy, but was killed by severe head trauma. I lasted 7 hours
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post October 17th, 2013, 6:56 pm

Bronxsta wrote:
This has to be featured! It's so good. I finally got it and I usually hate turn based roguelikes, but this is fantastic. Gritty realistic post apocalypse survival

Told you.

Post October 17th, 2013, 8:48 pm

GnomeSlice wrote:
Bronxsta wrote:

Told you.

Yes you did and I should have listened. Of all the games I've played recently, this is one of my favorites.

Post October 20th, 2013, 7:37 pm

This game is one of the best "story generators" I've played. Every encounter feels as desperate and brutal as something written by Cormac McCarthy:

Nothing's more terrifying for an early player than to end a turn...only for a dogman to enter your hex. Especially when you just barely escaped from bandits, you're bleeding and wounded, and you're down to a glass shard and fists. The dogman as still a distance away but it was day and there was little cover. I tried to retreat stealthily but the beast noticed me and charged. My stealthy retreat turned into a desperate sprint but I was tired and the terrain was treacherous.

Precious moments were wasted when I tripped in the undergrowth and before I knew it, the dogman was on me. I tried to roll out of the way of its savage attacks but its claws still tore at my flesh. Bleeding and coughing blood, I stood and drew my glass shard. We charged at each other.

I ducked beneath the dogman's attack and lunged for a killing blow as it staggered.

The glass shard shattered in my hand

I survived for a day and 3 hours

Post October 22nd, 2013, 7:28 pm

I've really fallen for this game, so much so that I've decided to chronicle my playthrough. Here's the first part of my journey, waking up to leaving the facility. Hope you enjoy and tell me what you think.

NEO Scavenger - A Chronicle of Desperate Survival
Part 1

Next

Return to Game Suggestions