Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions I Get This Call Every Day

I Get This Call Every Day

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Post March 4th, 2013, 2:00 am

Game: I Get This Call Every Day

Developer: davidsgallant
Platforms: Desura

I'm recommending this game because it represents a large chunk of my adult life. Having been a software support technician as well as many other similar roles, I feel like I can identify.

Dev notes from Desura -"Exactly what it says on the box: a lightly filtered experienced pulled from my day job in a customer service call center, made interactive in a point-&-click format. Lose politely, or lose spectacularly; the choice is yours."

Coincidentally, the developer appears to have been a top contributor several times on IndieGameStand (including the current bundle). In any case, I don't know how he'd feel, but I would like to see him featured here in the future.

Post March 4th, 2013, 3:13 am

He also lost his job because he made this game. This may sound awful, and perhaps it is, but I chuckled a bit when I read that article, just a little bit though... I mean, he makes a game about how awful and mundane his job is, then he loses his job because of the game he made. As for the game, I don't know, it would probably be better if I could relate to it, but I really can't. I might purchase it for like a dollar or so, but just not sure it's really my type of game.

Post March 4th, 2013, 3:31 am

I intend to buy the game anyway (it's only two bucks), but it would be nice to see it on here.

The whole situation surrounding him losing his job is absurd and made me quite angry. Anyone with a half decent education would be able to understand what fiction means, especially since the author event put a disclaimer into the game. These things happened 150 years ago (think Flaubert and Baudelaire), one would think people would know better by now.

Post March 4th, 2013, 10:27 am

I really have no way to express what I feel about this game... Either that is a good or a bad thing.

Post March 5th, 2013, 2:56 pm

I actually applied to have I Get This Call Every Day on IndieGameStand shortly after I launched the game. Never heard back.

I'd certainly be willing to make I Get This Call Every Day available for IndieGameStand if they want it.

Post March 5th, 2013, 8:06 pm

Very interesting concept.

Post March 11th, 2013, 10:34 am

its 2$ normally - http://www.humblebundle.com/store/igett ... Sjd8chZkdn
No need to wait...

Post March 11th, 2013, 10:43 am

Toyotame wrote:
No need to wait...

Support charity?
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post June 29th, 2013, 9:56 am

Very interesting. I think I'd buy it anyway, but it would be nice to see it featured here, too. I hope IGS contacted dev since then.

Post June 30th, 2013, 1:22 pm

GnomeSlice wrote:
Toyotame wrote:
No need to wait...

Support charity?

You can always drop some money to charity you like yourself.

Post June 30th, 2013, 11:00 pm

I remember hearing about it a bit back. I guess I picked it up because of here regardless.

Post August 2nd, 2013, 2:18 am

When I proposed this game I hadn't realized that Harry Potter had done a youtube of it

phpBB [video]

Post August 2nd, 2013, 8:07 pm

PlayerReview wrote:
When I proposed this game I hadn't realized that Harry Potter had done a youtube of it

Hermione has certainly let herself go.

Post August 5th, 2013, 2:57 pm

I'm gonna buy it anyway, just to support the dev, he is obviously in need. Why does everyone think an official money grubbing 501(c)3 is somehow better than giving another human being money directly? I just added 10 copies to my Desura cart.

Post August 7th, 2013, 4:02 pm

Thanks for the support, folks! Especially those ten Desura sales, I haven't really earned much from the game over there.

Post August 13th, 2013, 2:20 am

Return to Game Suggestions