Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Mark Leung: Revenge of the B*tch

Mark Leung: Revenge of the B*tch

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Post January 14th, 2013, 3:06 pm

Description (taken off website):
Since the beginning of time, RPGs have taken themselves far too seriously. They're plagued by recycled stories, stock characters and a clichéd pseudo-medieval fantasy setting.

It's time for someone to make fun of these games. BIG TIME. That's where "Mark Leung: Revenge of the Bitch" comes in: it's a fully playable parody RPG. Think of it as an RPG gone wrong.

Inspired by Christianity, double rainbows, Kim Jong Il, flaming trolls and Final Fantasy, "Revenge of the Bitch" features characters and monsters that are bizarre hybrids of public figures and well-known characters. There's Jhompson, a summonable character inspired by Jack Thompson and Illidan Stormrage, and McFunny, a boss character inspired by the Joker and Ronald McDonald. Recent events such as the subprime mortgage crisis also inspired a bank-themed dungeon and a cleric named Brother Lehman.

Platform: PC

Post January 14th, 2013, 6:51 pm

This is a horrible farce of a game.

Post January 14th, 2013, 7:23 pm

I love the cosplay... they all look so happy! Wait, that expression isn't happiness...

Post January 14th, 2013, 8:27 pm

It's an RPG that pokes fun at RPG stereotypes, but it looks like a lot of fun. It also has corny as sh** live action cut scenes that are the dumbest kind of funny.

The graphics are nice though, and it takes 30 or so hours to complete which isn't bad. I don't know, this game always intrigued me but I never bought it, which is why I'm posting it here I guess.

Post January 14th, 2013, 9:56 pm

Well, graphically its looks veryPK to me, as well as idea at all, BUT...there is a lot of RPG that had good idea but become boring in reality, like Chtulchu saves world.
I would like to try this game, but i dont expect it to turn my world upside down.

Post January 16th, 2013, 5:38 am

I don't know if this game is good or bad, but either way.. I'd buy it for the WTF factor.

Post January 18th, 2013, 1:40 am

I would pick it up just because.

Post January 18th, 2013, 10:15 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at-TsJ9ZIAA

I have played this game and it is bad after the initial laugh you get.

Post January 18th, 2013, 11:25 am

Ha Ha. I mean the video has a serious amount of views. I'd probably try this game if I didnt have 800 other indie games to play.
Matt "Canj"
Marketing / Community Manager
Twitter: @MattCanj

Post January 18th, 2013, 5:26 pm

Oh man I didn't know TB did a WTF of this game. In the games defense TB admitted to not liking JRPGs, and truth is they do start out very slow, and that's what you saw in the video, the start. I imagine once you get further it gets better. It was somewhat buggy, hopefully that's been fixed by now? I really don't know. Otherwise, I think I would play it, It's most definitely not for everyone, but what game is honestly?

Post February 20th, 2013, 1:07 pm

Hah, this looks insane. +1
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post September 13th, 2013, 8:42 pm

Sale on ShinyLoot -2.79$
http://www.shinyloot.com/mark-leung-rev ... r-exact-33

Again on sale, now 1.40$ EVEN CHEAPER

Return to Game Suggestions