Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Sunless Sea

Sunless Sea

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would You Support This Game For IGS?

Yes
88%
No
13%
Don't Know/Store
No votes

Total votes : 8

Post June 17th, 2014, 5:19 pm

phpBB [video]

Game: Sunless Sea
Platform: PC/Mac (DRM-free, Steam (July) )
Developer: Failbetter Games

Game Description:
Sunless Sea is an exploration and trading game for PC set in the rich, story-fueled universe of Fallen London. Take the helm of your customised steamship and set sail for the uncharted reaches of the Neath, where the map changes every time you play, and every officer in your crew has their own story. Our influences include include: FTL; Strange Adventures in Infinite Space; Taipan; Sid Meier’s Pirates; Don’t Starve; Elite; roguelikes; the Crimson Permanent Assurance; immrama.

It’s a game of survival and loneliness, where that light off your starboard bow might be a friendly port or the glowing teeth of a Lovecraftian monstrosity. Light and darkness are your greatest allies, but a stout set of cannon and a gunnery officer with a grudge will come in useful too.

Most of all, Sunless Sea is a game of stories; the dark secrets of your crew, the hidden coves of the soul smugglers, the tentacled nemesis that you chased from Hunter’s Keep to the shores of the Elder Continent.

Your choices will determine the events of every game. Will you return to Wolfstack Docks with a hold full of loot or succumb to madness and cannibalism on the black waters? Will you free the colonies of the Carnelian Coast, or keep them in the Empire’s grip? Will you betray your father’s legacy or reclaim it?

You are the captain. It’s your call.
Games I Support For IGS:
    Cinders
    Consortium
    Beat Bros
    Delver's Drop
    Long Live the Queen
    Deo
    Shovel Knight

Post June 18th, 2014, 8:32 am

This looks really great, nice one, I will look into it further; thanks for the suggestion!

Post June 19th, 2014, 3:51 am

I passed on backing it on Kickstarter since I didn't want to pay $20 to get a digital copy, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it for steep discounts or bundles (I'm skeptical that they would bundle right away as they did $136,000 on KS, but you never know). I'm sure I'll own it eventually, just probably won't be until next year that I see it at a pricepoint that would convert me.

Return to Game Suggestions