Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Tiny Trek

Tiny Trek

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would you like to see this game on IndieGameStand?

Yes, and featured
67%
In the store, but not featured
11%
Undecided
No votes
No, it's not on my platform
No votes
No, other reason
22%
Space is dumb
No votes

Total votes : 9

Post March 8th, 2014, 8:23 pm

Kickstarter Page (Successful) | IndieDB Page

Developer: Gamesare Studios (@Gamesare)
Platforms: Windows, Mobile
DRM & Distribution: Unknown, presumably DRM-Free

"Coming March 2014"
Have you ever wanted to play your favorite weekly Science Fiction show and engage in the same exciting adventures they do? Travel to strange alien worlds, meet interesting and unique life forms and then if you want... shoot them? In Tiny Trek you will be able to do exactly that. You see, probably like me, you have yet to find a space based game that gives you gameplay that emulates the great Science Fiction TV shows we all love. And thus that is what I set out to do with my latest game project, Tiny Trek.

Tiny Trek's mission is to provide you with the exact same experience as those favorite adventures we watched on TV, allowing you to sit in the Captain's chair and make those critical and dramatic decisions. From diplomacy, exploration and resource management to epic space battles and exploring alien worlds.

Features

• Galaxy is big: And when I say big I mean really big like a never ending Galaxy with stars, planets, nebula and other space phenomenon.
  • Do you have that ship in a different color? Yes we can do that with our procedural generation algorithms. Everything from the planets and stars to ships and races is created on the fly.
  • And then to take it step further we provide you tools to edit your Ship and your race.
  • Lets fire blue particle cannons full... Engage in battles of one on up to three enemy vessels. Cool thing is with the Mission Matrix, a ship might jump out of battle and you may get the option to chase them, once you catch up you may finish them off or two of his friends might be waiting for you.
  • You think they have apples on an alien planet? I don't know if apples will be there, but the idea is that you can explore endless alien worlds and conduct various away missions.
  • Planets will contain unique items that your science officer can scan, and your engineer can collect to bring back to the ship for trade.
  • Making Friends will be important: Talk, trade and assisting other spacefarers will benefit you as each race you encounter will store an enemy, neutral or friend status. That will effect how your next encounter with them will be.
  • Episodes for everyone! In Tiny Trek we have worked on creating a generator that creates randomized missions or as we call it, episodes. Each episode last around 3-8 minutes on average and include everything from search and rescue, transport, battles and more. Imagine receiving a distress signal, then approaching a ship to discover it's a trap. After defeating
  • them and searching the ship discover that the stranded crew is on a nearby planet. The unique Mission Matrix generates over a 100 different "episode" types and puts them together.
  • Stuff is cool... Player will be able to collect and store unique plants, materials and relics you discover on your journey. And trade them for other resources or information.

If you can't see the video below, click the shield beside the URL (in Chrome) and click 'load unsafe scripts', or change the 'https' in the URL to 'http'

phpBB [video]

Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post March 9th, 2014, 1:19 am

I'm not sure if I'd enjoy this or not, but I am sure I'd buy it on IGS if it were featured.

Post June 14th, 2014, 11:12 pm

Tiny Trek is now available on IGS for $1!

However, there's currently no files showing up in my wallet. :?
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post June 15th, 2014, 1:59 pm

GnomeSlice wrote:
Tiny Trek is now available on IGS for $1!

However, there's currently no files showing up in my wallet. :?

Confirmed the same issue.

I looked at the page and read the wall of text description that gave me a headache and sent me to bed. I got up and from that same page went ahead and purchased it.

However immediately upon purchase rechecking the store it appears it had already been removed from the store.

So something tells me that they are on the case already.

Post June 17th, 2014, 8:59 am

We've emailed the developer about uploading the files - we'll send out a tweet too.

Post July 14th, 2014, 6:06 pm

I had kinda forgot about this so checking back before I forget again. Has there been any word on this?

Return to Game Suggestions