Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Lifeless Planet

Lifeless Planet

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would you like to see this game on IndieGameStand?

Yes, and featured
100%
In the store, but not featured
No votes
Undecided
No votes
No, it's not on my platform
No votes
No, other reason
No votes
Being alone is dumb
No votes

Total votes : 8

Post January 23rd, 2014, 11:28 pm

Game Homepage

Developer: David Board (@LifelessPlanet)
Platforms: Windows, Mac
DRM & Distribution: Steam, unknown if other

Check out this page for more info about the game.
While seeking life on a distant planet, a skeptical astronaut discovers an abandoned Russian laboratory. He suspects his mission is a hoax until a mysterious young woman saves him from a strange and deadly phenomenon...

In Lifeless Planet, you will:
  • Leave the comfort and safety of Earth and journey to a distant world.
  • Discover that the planet scientists thought was rich with life is instead a barren wasteland.
  • Find out other explorers had already set foot on the planet...many years ago.
  • Struggle to explain the existence of another human in this apparently uninhabitable land...Will you be able to put aside your skepticism and follow her to preserve your life?

If you can't see the video below in Chrome, click the shield beside the URL and click 'load unsafe scripts'

phpBB [video]

Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post January 24th, 2014, 6:45 am

This definitely caught my interest. Good suggestion Gnome. 8-)
steam acc: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198074769015/
desura acc: http://www.desura.com/members/lurtzcz
cat in my avatar is called Wendy. (and it is male, "Wendy" sounds gender-neutral in Czech)

Post March 10th, 2014, 8:37 am

This game is now available on Steam! Looks like it's only available on Steam though, which kind of sucks.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post March 10th, 2014, 4:29 pm

I was just looking at this game on Steam. It looks very interesting...especially after watching the video!

Post March 13th, 2014, 5:30 pm

looking GREAT, BUT...almost zero hopes to get it here. Sorry, guys, out of this league.

Post March 14th, 2014, 2:51 am

Toyotame wrote:
looking GREAT, BUT...almost zero hopes to get it here. Sorry, guys, out of this league.

I don't really agree with that one. It only did about $14k on its kickstarter. But, it would probably be awhile before we see it. Either way, looks like a fun game and is already a pretty good pricepoint.

Post March 14th, 2014, 6:09 pm

PlayerReview wrote:
Toyotame wrote:

I don't really agree with that one. It only did about $14k on its kickstarter. But, it would probably be awhile before we see it. Either way, looks like a fun game and is already a pretty good pricepoint.

If it will land on IGS planet i will not be against too...but quite not sure about it. Seen that game at GamersGate. Sold as Steam-key, Steamworks.

Post March 15th, 2014, 3:10 am

Toyotame wrote:
PlayerReview wrote:
Toyotame wrote:

If it will land on IGS planet i will not be against too...but quite not sure about it. Seen that game at GamersGate. Sold as Steam-key, Steamworks.

Thanks for the education. If it is Steam-only, then you're probably right about it not making it to IGS. I suspect IGS would make an exception for this game, but I think the devs usually have to reach out to IGS on steam-only stuff, rather than IGS reaching out. So, we'll see. I won't get my hopes up.

Return to Game Suggestions