Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Bit Shifter

Bit Shifter

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would you like to see this game on IndieGameStand?

Yes, and featured
67%
In the store, but not featured
17%
Undecided
No votes
No, it's not on my platform
No votes
No, other reason
17%
Computers are dumb
No votes

Total votes : 6

Post January 21st, 2014, 11:34 pm

Game Homepage | IndieDB Page

Developer: Plastic Games
Platforms: Windows
DRM & Distribution: Desura

Development status: Alpha

This looks really neat. I know it's only $4, but still, check it out. Cool idea, and the graphics are strangely appealing to me, despite looking dated. Makes me want to haul out the N64 and give her a go. Check out the trailer here, but also make sure you watch the video below, where the developer explains a little about the game.
Bit Shifter is an Action / Strategy game by Plastic Games. You play Flash Bios, who pilots a flying vehicle called the Scandisc. You fight Virus on Home World, a land inside-a-computer where the game takes place. Your job is to shift Bits to the right location to fight the Virus. Bits are tiny robots that run around cleaning the Virus. The virus appears as red splotches on the terrain that spreads. Enemies spawn out of the red splotches and shoot at you and your Bits. Don't let the Virus reach the Data Stream or the whole system will get corrupted!

Bit Shifter plays like a classic 16 bit game with a retro arcade feel and a unique blend of action and strategy elements. The intuitive flight model and the simple strategic premise allow a player to jump right in and have fun while slowly building skills for more advanced play.

If you can't see the video below in Chrome, click the shield beside the URL and click 'load unsafe scripts'

phpBB [video]

Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post January 30th, 2014, 7:30 pm

Hey guys, check out this new gameplay video the developers have posted.

phpBB [video]
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Return to Game Suggestions