Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Kromaia

Kromaia

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would you like to see this game on IGS?

Yes
No votes
No
No votes
Maybe
No votes
Store and featured
80%
Store, not featured
20%

Total votes : 5

Post January 17th, 2014, 9:33 pm

I've been following this game for a while and was so frustrated by its miserable support on Indiegogo. This game is really good and deserves so much more attention.

phpBB [video]

Kromaia
Kraken Empire
$14.99, PC, Desura, Greenlight
http://www.krakenempire.com/index.html

Kromaia is a six degrees of freedom adventure shooter which takes action, speed, agility and immersion to a new level. Insane enemy patterns, impressive swarms, giant god-like guardians, ancient temples, contraptions, treasures, visual ecstasy... All in a vast and unexplored universe only ruled by physic laws.

My impressions:
Take your common dual stick shooter, take the hectic gameplay and hordes of enemies, place it in expansive worlds filled with intriguing abstract architect, and you'd have Kromaia.

Developed by Kraken Empire, Kromaia is a stylish arcade shooter that delivers both challenging frenetic gameplay and a visually exciting experience. Screenshots don't do this game justice. I recently had the opportunity to try a gameplay demo and while I had no idea what to expect going in, I finished the demo extremely satisfying and excited to see how the game will progress. You have a number of ships to choose from, with their own style and weapons. From the standard laser/shotgun blasting ship to the melee-focused/shuriken-throwing variety, each vessel plays differently and is animated with moving parts and other cool details.

The core of the gameplay is the frenetic shooting. Your ship is extremely maneuverable, able to roll and strafe with ease, and you need such agility to evade the moving hazards and dozens of enemies across each world. The battles shift from tight trench runs through tunnels and past rotating spikes to open shootouts with enemy ships while avoiding asteroids in an instant and you have to be adapt in an instant. The levels are huge and filled with an abstract mix of pillars, mechanical constructs, and other weird structures.

The full game will feature a deep customization mechanic, allowing you to alter everything from the shape and style of thrusters to the behavior and damage of your projectiles or even design and share your own enemies and bosses, as well as adaptive enemy AI that changes to counter your behavior.
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post January 17th, 2014, 10:15 pm

Dude, this looks amazing! Definitely my kind of game. I think this would be an excellent choice for a feature here. :D
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Return to Game Suggestions