Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions The Polynomial: Space of the Music

The Polynomial: Space of the Music

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would you like to see this game on IndieGameStand?

Yes, and featured
50%
In the store, but not featured
13%
Undecided
No votes
No, it's not on my platform
No votes
No, other reason
13%
Drugs are dumb
25%

Total votes : 8

Post December 28th, 2013, 4:43 pm

Game Homepage

Developer: Dmytry Lavrov
Platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux
DRM & Distribution: DRM-Free, Desura, Steam
Demo available from the website, on Desura, and on Steam.

Controller support: Yes
Development status: Complete

I totally forgot about this one until recently. I had a lot of fun playing this a while back, even without using any of my own music. It's definitely an interesting audiovisual experience, and also one of the most beautiful games out there, in my opinion. My first few hours with this game were ones of wondrous delight.
The Polynomial is a 3D musical 'space shooter' game, with non-shooter mode and built in fractal editor. Visuals are generated mathematically and animate to your music or microphone input; there are 4 music-driven animators and 38 arenas to choose from (12 arenas in free demo). You can create your own arenas using built in editor, and you can save your fractal images at any resolution. There are many parameters you can change for entirely new, original look; the number of combinations is astronomical. The Polynomial comes with 50 minutes of excellent soundtrack created by Alexey Lavrov and T.K.

If you can't see the videos below in Chrome, click the shield beside the URL and click 'load unsafe scripts'

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post December 28th, 2013, 5:21 pm

This is a great game. I would highly recommend it ;)
Games I Support For IGS:
    Cinders
    Consortium
    Beat Bros
    Delver's Drop
    Long Live the Queen
    Deo
    Shovel Knight

Post December 29th, 2013, 10:20 pm

I recall having this on Steem before Steem went consumer hostile. It made for wonderful eye candy but I really would struggle to call it a game. I feel like on the level it excelled it was easily surpassed by Milkdrop visualizations in winamp and there are games out there that use your music library in varying ways that are much more fun to play.

Just my 2cp

Post January 1st, 2014, 7:32 am

'Drugs are dumb'.

Also, second the opinion on it being more a graphical screensave/equalizer than a game.

Return to Game Suggestions