Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Spy Party

Spy Party

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would you like to see this game on IndieGameStand?

Yes, and featured
50%
In the store, but not featured
33%
Undecided
17%
No, it's not on my platform
No votes
No, other reason
No votes
Espionage is dumb
No votes

Total votes : 6

Post December 16th, 2013, 7:23 pm

Game: Spy Party
Developer: Chris Hecker (Twitter)
Platforms: Windows, Mac
DRM & Distribution: Game account activation
Development Status: Beta

You can find a good description of this game on its Wikipedia Page. Basically, one player, the spy, has to try to complete a number of set interactions in the time limit of the game without alerting the other player, the sniper, to the fact that he is the spy. It sounds pretty neat, and after watching the video below of two guys playing it, I have to say it looks pretty entertaining as well.
In SpyParty, the player takes control of either a sniper or a spy in a two player match. It is the spy's objective to complete a certain amount of missions within a given time limit while the sniper has the objective to identify and kill the spy with his one shot before the missions are completed. When a match is created between two players the player who has selected to be the spy has the option of choosing the map and the mission objectives for the game, with potential handicaps for either the spy or sniper depending on how many objectives are shown or need to be completed. After both players have agreed upon the game, the match is launched.

If you can't see the video below in Chrome, click the shield beside the URL and click 'load unsafe scripts'

phpBB [video]
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post December 16th, 2013, 9:43 pm

Spy Party hadn't been suggested yet? A yes from me

And the new art style is a huge improvement
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post December 16th, 2013, 10:33 pm

Bronxsta wrote:
And the new art style is a huge improvement

Wow, that's wicked looking!

Looks like there's a video showcasing the new art style. This looks fantastic.

phpBB [video]
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Return to Game Suggestions