Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions PixelJunk Shooter

PixelJunk Shooter

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

PixelJunk Shooter

YEEEEEEEEEEES (gimmeh featured) !!
88%
Just Store, please.
13%
NO! DRM-free spaceships are dumb.
No votes

Total votes : 8

Post December 7th, 2013, 4:59 am

Game: PixelJunk™ Shooter
Developer: http://www.q-games.com
Platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux, (PS3)
Distribution: Desura, Steam, GoG

phpBB [video]

In PixelJunk™ Shooter, you must pilot your spacecraft through a range of cavernous environments in a bid to save the scientists trapped underground. Making your way through the game will rely on your keen sense of observation and the ability to manipulate your surroundings. Add in a swarm of dangerous enemies, hazardous substances and stranded survivors in need of your help and your mission objectives are pretty clear! Action, adventure and entertainment await you. Be the hero and rescue the stranded scientists while enjoying a world of fun retro visuals and a dynamic soundtrack that reacts to the level of danger that you find yourself in! Key Features Battle across 15 stages with your spacecraft to save the scientists Navigate cavernous puzzles by manipulating water, magma and even a strange magnetic black liquid! Recruit a friend and play local coop!

--

This game is way more awesome than I thought at first. It controls really well on PC, is responsive overall, has a really pleasing art and music style and local co-op :D

Post December 7th, 2013, 8:59 am

I heard alot of good stuff about this one but I still can't get convinced enough to get it. I'd love to see it here though, PixelJunk doesn't let me down usually (except when they price games on Steam $=€ ;) )

Post December 7th, 2013, 9:39 am

Had the same as you so never bought them. I mean, especially being ports, how good could they be?

Well past sale I got the Monsters and Shooter, and I must say that while I like them both quite a lot,
I keep finding myself picking Shooter first to play.

Not sure if the gating is there like in Monsters but I felt compelled to get each scientist saved and all
the diamonds found so kept going back if I failed even one of either. Normally I don't care much on
my first play-through to be fair.

It's an easy game to control/play but it's easy to just fail because of a dumb quick mistake you or you co-op
buddy makes (and still enjoy yourselves ^^)

Post December 7th, 2013, 1:36 pm

I have wanted this one since I first saw the gameplay on PS3. Now that it's on PC it's near the top of my wishlist.

Gimme!
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post December 9th, 2013, 9:14 am

YEEEEEEEEEEES (gimmeh featured) !!
steam acc: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198074769015/
desura acc: http://www.desura.com/members/lurtzcz
cat in my avatar is called Wendy. (and it is male, "Wendy" sounds gender-neutral in Czech)

Return to Game Suggestions