Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Battle Worlds: Kronos

Battle Worlds: Kronos

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would you like to see this game on IndieGameStand?

Yes, and featured
80%
In the store, but not featured
10%
Undecided
10%
No, it's not on my platform
No votes
No, other reason
No votes
Battle is dumb
No votes

Total votes : 10

Post November 29th, 2013, 3:15 pm

Game: Battle Worlds: Kronos
Developer: King Art Games
Platforms: Windows, Mac
DRM & Distribution: DRM-Free, Steam

If you can't see the video below in Chrome, click the shield beside the URL and click 'load unsafe scripts'

phpBB [video]

Battle World: Kronos is a classic turn-based strategy game in the tradition of Battle Isle, Advance Wars and Panzer General. Have you ever wondered what games like that would look like today? Well, we did. As a result, we decided to develope Battle Worlds: Kronos.

Features:
  • Challenging turn-based strategy gameplay, that remains true to its roots.
  • Two Single Player Campaigns - Fight for the "Yerla" faction and command a high-tech army. For the Rebels, make do with what you’ve got and fight a guerilla war. The two campaigns combined will offer you more than 30 hours of gameplay.
  • Single Player Challenge Maps - Test your skills in different combat scenarios and keep track of your progress.
  • Live Multiplayer - Battle your friends live on the internet or via hot-seat.
  • Asynchronous Multiplayer - Take all the time you need and consider your moves. Similar to “play-by-mail”, the game is stored on our server after your round and turned over to your opponent. The system allows you to continue the match anytime and anywhere you want (cross-platform, including browser).
  • Strong AI - A clever AI that considers gameplay on various tactical and strategic levels as well as individual enemy characteristics will challenge even experienced commanders.
  • Community – Leagues, achievements, user-generated content.
  • Variety - Around 40 different infantry, ground, naval and airborne units, as well as buildings, many of which can be upgraded to obtain new capabilities.
  • Map Editor - A powerful editor (Windows only) to create your own maps and missions.
  • A fair deal - No “free-to-play” scheme, no DLC rip-off, no DRM.
  • Free DLC “Trains” with new units, a new campaign and new multiplayer maps (paid by our Kickstarter backers, the DLC was part of a stretch goal)

Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post November 30th, 2013, 6:15 am

Tried it while back, didn't like it but unsure why. Maybe for now while
I find that out again :P

Post November 30th, 2013, 11:01 am

Duck wrote:
Tried it while back, didn't like it but unsure why. Maybe for now while
I find that out again :P

I'd like to hear what you think about it once you check it out again. :)
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post December 23rd, 2013, 4:48 pm

I've played in demo and must admit, that it is really challenging, but also very satisfactory title. Insta-buy for me, if it will be relased on IGS.

Return to Game Suggestions