Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Steel Storm: Burning Retribution

Steel Storm: Burning Retribution

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Post December 7th, 2012, 12:19 pm

A top-down shoot'em-up with great graphics, lenghty campaign and tons of robotic baddies to blast!
This one really needs more recognition!

Game: Steel Storm: Burning Retribution
Platforms: Win, Mac, Linux @ Steam, Desura
Developer: Kot-in-Action

Post December 7th, 2012, 12:27 pm

Good game, BUT
1) it was in numerous of bundles already
2) game developer is pretty hard-to-speak guy, that was really angered by his experience with humblebundle.
Still, if they offer their DLC in above average, i gladly purchase then

Its need to be said, that this game is actually very good. It have pretty big replay ability and will not leave you bored.
Last edited by Toyotame on December 7th, 2012, 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post December 7th, 2012, 1:20 pm

Yeah, it was in Humble Bundle and A. Zubov wasn't too pleased with the outcome, it was also heavily discounted on Steam once or twice.
On the other hand, I exchanged with him two or three pm's about bringing the game to GOG.com, and he was really positive about that. Also, he halted the development of the sequel and another game, cRPG called Tomes of Mephistopheles, so maybe selling SS:BR could motivate him to continue the work.
SS:BR is an excellent game, for lot of platforms, with level editor, user-made campaigns and multiplayer, so there's a lot of potential :) I think so, at least.

Post December 7th, 2012, 1:55 pm

ObscureArts - you should PM him about IGS and see what his thoughts are. Why the bad experience with Humble Bundle?

Post December 7th, 2012, 4:56 pm

ObscureArts wrote:
Yeah, it was in Humble Bundle and A. Zubov wasn't too pleased with the outcome, it was also heavily discounted on Steam once or twice.
On the other hand, I exchanged with him two or three pm's about bringing the game to GOG.com, and he was really positive about that. Also, he halted the development of the sequel and another game, cRPG called Tomes of Mephistopheles, so maybe selling SS:BR could motivate him to continue the work.
SS:BR is an excellent game, for lot of platforms, with level editor, user-made campaigns and multiplayer, so there's a lot of potential :) I think so, at least.

WHAT? Halted second Steel Storm? I preordered that game! Bad news!

mgnade wrote:
ObscureArts - you should PM him about IGS and see what his thoughts are. Why the bad experience with Humble Bundle?

They have forum, where anyone can more or less contact him...
About bad experience - as he, Zubov, said, HumbleBundle folks invited him to bundle and promised boost of popularity and so on, but in the very end they given him just 1000$ or so as revenue share, while, Zubov believes, addition of SteelStorm was significant factor to boost sales in second week of HumbleBundle 3
So its basically "they paid unfair amount" issue.
That, probably, will be no issue to IGS where revenue amount is directly proportional to sales.

Post December 8th, 2012, 1:47 pm

Where are these rumors are coming from? :?

http://two.steel-storm.com/

Post December 8th, 2012, 1:55 pm

Toyotame wrote:
2) game developer is pretty hard-to-speak guy, that was really angered by his experience with humblebundle.

That entirely depends on the subject of conversation ;)

Toyotame wrote:
Still, if they offer their DLC in above average, i gladly purchase then

DLC has been out for quite some time, at $0.99

Toyotame wrote:
Its need to be said, that this game is actually very good. It have pretty big replay ability and will not leave you bored.

Thanks! 8-)

Post December 19th, 2012, 7:36 am

Hey motorsep :)

So what's your overall stance on IndieGameStand?

Post December 19th, 2012, 8:50 am

ObscureArts wrote:
Hey motorsep :)

So what's your overall stance on IndieGameStand?

I doubt motorsep is against IGS, but probably IGS already have a line of developers offering their games.

Post November 4th, 2013, 11:02 am

Old post, but this is a great game. Could be awesome to have it here.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Return to Game Suggestions