Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Metal Planet

Metal Planet

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would you like to see this game on IndieGameStand?

Yes, and featured!
29%
In the store, but not featured
29%
Undecided
No votes
No, it's not on my platform
No votes
No, other reason
43%
Robots are dumb
No votes

Total votes : 7

Post November 11th, 2013, 5:23 pm

Game: Metal Planet
Developer: MetalPlanet
Platforms: Windows
DRM & Distribution: DRM-Free, Desura, Steam Greenlight
Demo: Yes!

If you can't see the video below in Chrome, click the shield beside the URL and click 'load unsafe scripts'

phpBB [video]

The game is set on a distant planet called Metal. Two corporations are fighting for control of a valuable resource capable of transforming matter. You take on the role of a soldier with equipped power armor and powerful weapon.
  • Fight against other players in a multiplayer game.
  • 4 game modes.
  • 3-class fighters.
  • Modules to improve armor and weapons.

Hurricane shooting, tons of explosives, destructible environments, boss battles and more in Metal Planet.

------

Gameplay based on capturing points like in Battlefield or Team Fortress. Two teams are fighting in different game modes:
  • Control: where players of each team must capture all points on map.
  • Convoy: one team must support the carrier for delivering it on enemy base. Other team must stop it. The carrier will move only when the team who support it captured one or more points. In addition, the path is blocked by gates and lifts.
  • Gold rush: based on a Convoy game mode. But in this mode each team must support their carrier and deliver it on the base faster than other team.
  • Fighting with boss: all players are fighting with a huge boss. Players must shoot the turret and when it all destroyed then the boss core are opened. The core is only one that can be damaged.
Some objects on map can be destroyed or changed. Players can interact with gates, elevators and other interactive objects.

Players can select the soldier from 3 classes.
  • Assault: have most powerful weapons on board.
  • Defender: can create a shield for protecting allies and restore them armor.
  • Support: can restore ammo and immobilize the enemies on several seconds.
    Player can upgrade their soldier if he find a special module. Modules are creating in random places on the map at the game start. It can be better armor, increase weapons power, repair, ammo, different weapons or give a weapon additional functional. Player loose the module after destroying a soldier.

Some control points give all players who control it special abilities.
  • Air strike for assault players class.
  • Charger for defenders. This device restoring ammo and armor for all players who near by.
  • Hacking for support class. Hacking inverts controls for players who in target range. Several seconds they are disoriented.

Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post November 12th, 2013, 2:51 am

Looks cool and video suggests a few new twists. However looks too online multiplayer for my personal tastes.

Post November 12th, 2013, 1:50 pm

'No' from me. The low-fi mech-likes still make it only
a slight raise over the other bunch of generic low-fi
1st person indie shooters
(of which I don't like 9/10 either :P)

Post November 28th, 2013, 1:39 pm

Played it a bit.

This game is fun. Not really groundbreaking, but with some friends I can see it being a great LAN party game or something. Really emphasizes teamwork, since only one class can refill ammo for everyone, only one class can heal anybody, etc.

There is unfortunately no solo campaign or anything, just skirmish with bots.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Return to Game Suggestions