Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Marvin's Mittens

Marvin's Mittens

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would you like to see this game on IndieGameStand?

Yes, and featured!
64%
In the store, but not featured
18%
Undecided
No votes
No, it's not on my platform
No votes
No, other reason
9%
Sledding is dumb
9%

Total votes : 11

Post October 30th, 2013, 8:36 pm

Game: Marvin's Mittens
Developer: Breakfall
Platforms: Windows
DRM & Distribution: DRM-Free, Desura
Seasonal Relevance: Yes
Marvin's Mittens is a 2D platformer with a focus on exploration and collection. With gorgeous, hand drawn art, Marvin presents a soothing world to explore, free from enemies and danger. Collect magic snowflakes to increase your jump height and race your sled across the landscape to reach new areas before your mother calls you back home. Learn the secrets of snow elf magic and traverse the world beyond Marvin's backyard to solve the mystery of the missing mitten. Immerse yourself in this charming indie title!

If you can't see the video below in Chrome, click the shield beside the URL and click 'load unsafe scripts'

phpBB [video]
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post October 30th, 2013, 8:46 pm

Might be too casual and too easy, however I'd pick this up on PWYW. I hope the game isn't overly short though.

Post October 30th, 2013, 10:56 pm

I've played this and it's beautiful, and maybe the most wholesome metroidvania (kind of) ever. I will say that I did not find it to be too easy. It wasn't Dark Souls but it was a challenge.

I do have one thing to confess.. I rage quit Marvin's Mittens.

Post October 31st, 2013, 1:50 am

Agreed, this game is lovely. I got it from another bundle somewhere and despite what I do for most indie games (backlog them because I don't have time), I actually played this and it's has a nice Charlie Brown-esque art style, great theme song, and enjoyable atmosphere. It's quite relaxing to play.

Post November 1st, 2013, 1:32 pm

I have this game. While it looks very neat and nice, its 100% game for CHILD.

Post November 1st, 2013, 1:35 pm

Toyotame wrote:
I have this game. While it looks very neat and nice, its 100% game for CHILD.

That's what I was afraid of at first, but I've heard it's actually quite difficult. Seems like it's more 'family friendly' than aimed specifically at children. I haven't played it though, I don't know.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Return to Game Suggestions