Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Space Farmers

Space Farmers

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would you like to see this game on IndieGameStand?

Yes, and featured
20%
In the store, but not featured
30%
Undecided
20%
No, don't want it here
30%
Co-op is dumb
No votes

Total votes : 10

Post October 21st, 2013, 11:57 am

Game: Space Farmers
Developer: Bumpkin Brothers
Plaforms: Windows, followed by Mac, Linux, and Android consoles
DRM & Distribution: DRM-Free, Desura, Steam Greenlight

Release: Mid 2014

In my opinion, the co-op game is a lost art. That's part of why this looks so cool to me; it seems like co-op done right. There's also lots of extremely positive community response on the Greenlight page from people who played it at a game event recently.
Space Farmers is a colourful and inventive two player co-op puzzle 'em up. Featuring two farmers, angry robots and a spaceship full of gadgets and guns.

You and a friend will have to use your combined wits and skill to make your way though a game that is designed to never be the same twice. One minute you'll be defending your friend as they use their jet pack, then trusting them to save you from a locked room filling with gas the next. Then you can both jump on some space scooters and race to another adventure.

Each time you play space farmers your objective is to escape from your alien captors, you will do this by moving through the sections of the ship. This will take around 20 minutes depending on your experience and play style.

We want to create several variations of each section, and within these sections different events will take place. The game will make selections based on you and your co-players previous games to create a new experience for both of you.

If you can't see the video below in Chrome, click the shield beside the URL and click 'load unsafe scripts'
phpBB [video]
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post October 21st, 2013, 1:28 pm

Saw this somewhere this weekend. Think it was in my Greenlight bunch..

I like co-op games, but not co-op games that are ACTUAL co-op games.
Not because of the game or the mechanics often, but because MP-only
limits a game too much.
Most co-op/MP games burn out so quick it's hardly worth the bother
anymore to go in for the flavour-of-the-month game.
That's of course ignoring that it's a pain to find partners for most games
that do actual co-op, not just stampede from A>B.

A game like Monaco (on sale @ Humble and freshly updated) is good for
me because it can be played SP, but works so much better in co-op.
All the alarm and guards make even a single rusher in a game a
frustrating mess though.

TLDR; Yes, but store-only for me. Life-span likely too short to actually want.

Post October 22nd, 2013, 7:05 am

Hi folks.

I'm Rich, the other half of the Bumpkin Brothers. We're developing Space Farmers and wanted to say thanks for talking about us here.

Can't really give an opinion on the game - apart from to say it is fantastic :) But I am really happy to answer questions - good or bad.

@Duck - We showed a playable version of the game for the first time 2 days ago. We had a fantastic response from players and the most popular request was for a single player mode to be added.

What we don't want to do is implement a frustrating AI partner who will hold you up. We played a lot of 2 player co-op games when designing and found that really annoying.

What we would love to add is a single player mode so we'd be creating levels that were designed for 1 player to be enjoyed. This would be a prequel to the main game where one character is breaking the other player out of his jail cell.

Time and finance obviously take a toll on implementing this. We're a 2 man team making our dream, but if there's a call for it, we think it's cool and it adds to the game then we're up for it!

Post October 22nd, 2013, 11:08 am

You were on my radar already, but adding a decent amount of
(re)playability for solo adventurers would make your blip become
a blob indeed to me.

Personally, I like games the most that scale well. I agree that
a bad AI playing for/against you breaks a game quick.

Post January 6th, 2014, 12:46 pm

Pre-orders now available through Desura!
Games I Support For IGS:
    Cinders
    Beat Bros
    Delver's Drop
    Long Live the Queen
    The Floor Is Jelly
    Deo
    Shovel Knight

Return to Game Suggestions