Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Sang Froid - Tales of Werewolves

Sang Froid - Tales of Werewolves

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would you like to see this game featured on IGS?

Yes
78%
No
11%
Maybe
11%

Total votes : 9

Post September 17th, 2013, 9:12 pm

phpBB [video]

Title: Sang Froid - Tales of Werewolves
Developer: Artifice Studio
PC, Steam
$14.99

Combining action and strategy in a unique way, Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves transports you into an epic folktale co-written with best-selling Canadian author Bryan Perro (Amos Daragon, Wariwulf), in which two feuding brothers will have to put aside their differences to save their sister, who is pursued by the Devil himself!

This time however, sheer brute strength won't be enough to save the day as your enemies are way stronger than you are. Only your wits and the ability to combine ingenious traps to setup deadly ambushes will give you a chance to see the sun rise again on your frozen piece of forest...

Plan your strategy! – Take advantage of the calm during the day to fill your forest with all kinds of traps that are as inventive as they are deadly.

Hunt your enemies! – When night falls, use the wind and lure the diabolic beasts into your traps using bait... But watch out! You have to be on constant guard to make sure you don't become the prey of the beasts you are tracking!

Fight heroically! – If some of the beasts get past your traps, that's when it gets bloody! First you can shoot them with your trusty musket and then eliminate the ones that survive by slaughtering them with your axe! Action and carnage guaranteed!

Use fear to your advantage! – All the mechanics of the game revolve around the innovative concept of Fear Factor, which makes your ability to intimidate your enemy your best weapon. For example, use fire to frighten the wolves and scatter their packs.

Customize your character! – Choose one of the two O'Carroll brothers and develop your character using a skill system based on role-playing games (RPGs), making your hero as unique as he is powerful!

Discover a rich universe! – Immerse yourself in 19th century Canada where legends meet History in a world filled with lore and wonders. Buy historical weapons and items, fight mythical beasts and uncover the truth about werewolves...

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post September 17th, 2013, 9:16 pm

Got this today from GMG ($5.09 sale), so I'll post impressions later
Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!

Post September 18th, 2013, 2:06 am

I would definitely pick up this game if it was featured on IGS. I've been eyeing this game for a little while, and having it featured here would be the perfect excuse to buy it!

Post September 18th, 2013, 3:00 am

Yup. This one would be another blockbuster if it got featured.

Post September 18th, 2013, 9:46 am

Another great suggestion by Bronxsta. I already have Sang Froid on Steam and I must say the game is abunch of fun but after a couple of levels it gets really hard and it forces you to go on a trial error rampage until you figure out the perfect or a working plan phase. It's a great game and even though I've never been to Canada it really feels like a game that actually takes place in Canada, the music does a stellar job in fitting the game. A big YES from me.

Post September 18th, 2013, 10:34 am

Impressions:
So Sang Froid is excellent. Behind the stylized look is a tense game that mixes tower defense elements, strategic combat, and the scariest wolves since The Grey
Each chapter is another night, as you defend your isolated home from the packs of demonic wolves and werewolves. You alone, in the dark, cold wilderness with only your rifle and axe and various traps to protect you
Each night consists of two phases. The planning phase is a top down map in which you can see what enemies are coming each wave, their path, and their stregths and weaknesses, and set traps accordingly. The action phase is where the fun begins
You must balance your stamina and watch the fear level of the wolves surrounding you. Your rifle fires one shot at a time, takes like 20 second to reload, and you're stationary while aiming. Traps must be triggered at the right time and enemies must be lured into range. All these factors combined make each night a very intense, very difficult challenge
It is heart pounding to be reloading your rifle as the pack circles around you, eyes glinting in the torch light, as one prepares to attack and you don't know if you have enough time to get the shot ready...
Sang Froid is well worth your time. I haven't tried the more difficult setting, in which you play a different character, but there's that options for more replay value.

Post September 18th, 2013, 1:54 pm

oops, double post
Last edited by Bronxsta on September 19th, 2013, 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post September 18th, 2013, 1:54 pm

Oh some other stuff about Sang Froid:
- Voice acting is horrendous to the point of being hilarious. So it's a pro and con at the same time. I just skip all the cutscenes

- The initial load up is really really really long. Like at least a minute and half. All the other loading is fine

- There are skills and upgrades to purchase and level up. So even more strategy

Post September 19th, 2013, 10:30 am

Voted maybe... it's a yes if they put it up DRM-free as well though.

Return to Game Suggestions