Board index IndieGameStand Game Suggestions Synthesis

Synthesis

Is there a great indie game out there that you'd like to see on IndieGameStand? Let us know!

Would You Support This Game For IGS?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes : 9

Post September 15th, 2013, 2:12 am

Game: Synthesis
Developer: Hart Laboratories
Platforms: Windows

Synthesis is a game about designing self replicating molecules which grow into complex structures. It is part molecular dynamics, part cellular automation, and part connect the dots. This all takes place in the autoclave of a sequencing particle accelerator, which you use to program and introduce seed molecules. Due to the minimalist graphics it can be pictured on an atomic, cellular or galactic scale.

Synthesis was envisioned as a game with complicated relationships that can be controlled using simple actions. It has a life of its own which you create, yet once released is completely out of your control. Small changes can lead to totally different outcomes and there are many ways to approach the same result.

Synthesis was recently featured at Boston's Festival of Indie Games.

Post September 15th, 2013, 2:45 am

I'd certainly like to give this a try :D

Post September 15th, 2013, 7:32 am

This looks weird enough for me to possibly love it.

Post September 15th, 2013, 4:00 pm

Would be kind of cool if there could be some kind of bundle here of stuff from Boston's Festival of Indie Games. Like 2 or 3 titles.

Post September 15th, 2013, 7:33 pm

I tried the demo and I have no idea what is going on. Awesome.
Image <-- Join the IndieGameStand Desura Group!

Post September 18th, 2013, 7:23 pm

The way it was described to me is to think of all the particles as nanobots, which you can program and they'll proceed to copy their programming to other nanobots and form structures.

It's a really novel idea and everything is vector graphics so it looks gorgeous.

Return to Game Suggestions